NAHS News, September 3, 2010
Felizidadas! The Spanish Club members voted for their new club council, the new leaders are: President Riley Alef, Vice President Josh Hardin, Secretary Brittany Ellett, Historian Taylor McCreight, and official translator Gabriel Fernandez.
On Tuesday, Aug. 26, a representative from Memphis College of Art spoke to the Gifted Art 2,3 and 4 students.
Great job to our NA varsity football team for the whipping they put on our rivals, the Ripley Tigers. The final score was 49-0 and the game was chosen as the game of the week by WTVA.
Our next home football game is tonight against Corinth. Remember if you bought an “I love NA” t-shirt, wear it to show your Bulldog spirit. Kickoff is at 7:30 pm in “The Kitchen” – Kitchens Field.
There are two slow pitch softball games this week, one of which was played against West Union on Tuesday. The varsity played at 5:30 p.m. and Jr. Varsity played at 7:30 p.m. On Thursday, Sept. 2, the Lady Bulldogs played Itawamba. The varsity played at 5:30 p.m. and Jr. varsity played at 7:30 p.m.
If anyone is interested, the journalism class is selling their videos for $5 each. The most recent video for sale is the “Who is your hero?” video featuring the senior football players and aspiring Bulldogs from NAES. You can contact any journalism student or the journalism teacher Mrs. Lee Ann Thompson at 534-1805.
The 2010 New Albany Homecoming T-shirts are now on sale. Order forms are in all of the school offices and teachers boxes at NAES. The short sleeve shirts are light gray and have maroon, white and black ink colors. The cost is $12 and all proceeds go to the journalism class. Orders are due back by Sept. 3!
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...