EU alum earns ‘Rookie of the Year’ honors
The Pensacola Pelicans are pleased to announce that Chase Porch has been awarded the 2010 American Association Rookie of the Year honors voted on by the league managers and media representatives. Porch signed with the Pelicans in late May after finishing his college career at the University of North Alabama and provided an immediate impact in the starting lineup.
The 6’1, 195 pound right-handed hitter finished this season batting .286 with four homeruns and 40 RBI on the year. The East Union, Mississippi native stole nine bases and has been a huge asset in the outfield with a strong arm and great speed to flag down balls all season long. Porch who was only one of 48 people in his high school graduating class sported a 14-game hitting streak from May 29th to June 14th. A few days later, Porch had an eight game-hitting streak from June 18th to June 25th. The man who wears a number two on his back had his best game in a Pelican jersey on June 16th where he went for 4-for-5 with three runs scored and two RBI against the El Paso Diablos. The rookie sensation has had 23 multi-hit games this season.
Chase Porch will be a big key factor in the Pelicans playoff series coming up with the Shreveport-Bossier Captains where he is batting .367 with two homeruns and 12 RBI against them.
About Chris Elkins
- Ingomar takes out Mantachie in playoff opener October 13, 2016
- The Playhouse October 18, 2016
- Letter to the editor: MAEP School Funding Formula – Change is coming October 18, 2016
- Communicating with families October 18, 2016
- We plan to be more involved October 18, 2016
- Lady Urchins sweep Calhoun City and advance to North Half October 18, 2016
- We’re moving October 18, 2016
- Sharing at Christmas drive begins; applications due Oct. 29 October 18, 2016
- Historic flag visits museum for bicentennial October 18, 2016
- Christmas parade Nov. 28; new lights, event to follow week of parade October 18, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...