Leo Dan Rorie, 78, of Ingomar, and formerly of Aurora, Ill., passed away Sunday, Sept. 5, 2010.
He was born May 24, 1932 in Ingomar to the late Leon and Ethel Bailey Rorie.
Leo served his country in the Korean Conflict with the U.S. Army as a paratrooper. He was married to Mollie Catherine Hubbard for 33 years. He worked at General Motors, Willow Springs, Ill. for 32 years, after which he returned to the family farm in Ingomar where he was born and raised. He was a lifetime member of the Loyal Order of the Moose and a member of UAW local 558.
His passion was gardening and sharing the harvest with friends and family.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10, 2010 at United Funeral Service. Interment is in Ingomar Cemetery.
Leo is survived by his sons, Robert Lee Rorie of Hinckley, Ill. and James Leroy Rorie (Salle) of Bristol, Ill.; his daughter, Cherryl Ann Cook (Dale) of Hinckley, Ill.; his grandsons, Chad Foor, Robert Hans Rorie, Kyle James Rorie, and Sam Justin Rorie; his step-grandchildren, John and Patti Cook, all of Illinois; his double-first cousin and wonderful friend, Bob Bailey of Ingomar and several special nieces, nephews, and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Mollie Catherine Rorie in 1992 and his brothers, Tump, Rayburn and James.
Visitation was from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 9 at United Funeral Service.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Leo’s name to a charity of donor’s choice.
In honor of Mr. Rorie’s service to his country, United Funeral Service will fly the U.S. Army flag during visitation and service.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert