East Union News, September 8, 2010
Girls in grades 9-12 who are interested in joining ANCHOR need to pay thier $13 fee by Sept.9th. For more information or to pay your fee, please see Mrs. Amanda Jennings.
The crosscountry team's next meet will be the East Union Cross Country Invitational Meet on Saturday Sept. 11.
Our softball girls are once again victorious in their games against Myrtle and Hickory Flat. There has also been a change in the softball schedule. The girls will travel to Ashland Thursday, Sept. 16 for a double header at 4:30 p.m.
The cheerleaders are selling “Back with Pride” t-shirts. They're really cute! Take my word for it.
Juniors will take the ASVAB Tuesday, Sept. 16.
TSA dues need to be brought to Mrs. Gentry by Sept. 15; and senior yearbook ad deposits are due by Sept. 30.
Tallahatchie Riverfest t-shirts are now available for purchase at the Union County Development Assoc. Office, 135 East Bankhead St., New Albany. Shirts are $13 for XS-XL, $14 for XXL, and $15 for XXXL.
Tryouts for the girls Urchin bowling team is scheduled for Wed. Sept.8 at 3:45 p.m. at Rebel Lanes in Tupelo. The boys tryouts will be the next day, Sept. 9, same time, same place. Both groups will take a bus and plan to return to campus by 6 p.m.
Sign-up sheets for bowling will be posted on Coach Browning's door, room 67 in the high school building. You must have a physical prior to trying out and your parents must complete a permission form to submit to Coach Browning in order to participate.
Hope you have an awesome Urchin week!
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...