East Union News, September 8, 2010
Girls in grades 9-12 who are interested in joining ANCHOR need to pay thier $13 fee by Sept.9th. For more information or to pay your fee, please see Mrs. Amanda Jennings.
The crosscountry team's next meet will be the East Union Cross Country Invitational Meet on Saturday Sept. 11.
Our softball girls are once again victorious in their games against Myrtle and Hickory Flat. There has also been a change in the softball schedule. The girls will travel to Ashland Thursday, Sept. 16 for a double header at 4:30 p.m.
The cheerleaders are selling “Back with Pride” t-shirts. They're really cute! Take my word for it.
Juniors will take the ASVAB Tuesday, Sept. 16.
TSA dues need to be brought to Mrs. Gentry by Sept. 15; and senior yearbook ad deposits are due by Sept. 30.
Tallahatchie Riverfest t-shirts are now available for purchase at the Union County Development Assoc. Office, 135 East Bankhead St., New Albany. Shirts are $13 for XS-XL, $14 for XXL, and $15 for XXXL.
Tryouts for the girls Urchin bowling team is scheduled for Wed. Sept.8 at 3:45 p.m. at Rebel Lanes in Tupelo. The boys tryouts will be the next day, Sept. 9, same time, same place. Both groups will take a bus and plan to return to campus by 6 p.m.
Sign-up sheets for bowling will be posted on Coach Browning's door, room 67 in the high school building. You must have a physical prior to trying out and your parents must complete a permission form to submit to Coach Browning in order to participate.
Hope you have an awesome Urchin week!
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Ollie Otter teaches kids to buckle up September 27, 2016
- Supervisors try again on bridge contract September 27, 2016
- Main Street drainage work delayed September 27, 2016
- NAES students study Constitution September 27, 2016
- Tell us what you want the news to be September 27, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...