Former NAHS student Felicia Dunn becomes CPA, corporate accountant
Felicia McGaha Dunn, a 1998 graduate of New Albany High School, is an accountant with the Georgia-Pacific Corporation. She serves as a Senior Accountant in the Corporate Accounting Group and works at the headquarters office in Atlanta, Georgia.
Her job responsibilities include: handling the accounting for most corporate inter-company debt, the legal entity accounting for several foreign and domestic corporate entities, and also has responsibilities centered around fixed assets.
Dunn graduated summa cum laude from the University of Southern Mississippi in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. In April of this year, she was inducted as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) into the Mississippi State Board of Public Accountancy.
It was in high school that Felicia decided on accounting as a career. “I took an accounting course under Mrs. Gloria Cooper in high school and fell completely in love with it,” she said. “I was determined that one day I would be a CPA.”
Dunn said that her aunt (Alicia Robinson) and her parents have been extremely instrumental in her life as they expressed the importance of education and career and exemplified it through their own personal successes. Robinson, who teaches at NAHS, taught Felicia and served as her Speech & Debate coach.
She is the daughter of Dennis & Brenda McGaha of New Albany. Felicia is married to Durran Dunn, who is also a CPA as well as a Certified Internal Auditor. They have one child Christopher Berry and are expecting their second child.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert