Former NAHS student Felicia Dunn becomes CPA, corporate accountant
Felicia McGaha Dunn, a 1998 graduate of New Albany High School, is an accountant with the Georgia-Pacific Corporation. She serves as a Senior Accountant in the Corporate Accounting Group and works at the headquarters office in Atlanta, Georgia.
Her job responsibilities include: handling the accounting for most corporate inter-company debt, the legal entity accounting for several foreign and domestic corporate entities, and also has responsibilities centered around fixed assets.
Dunn graduated summa cum laude from the University of Southern Mississippi in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. In April of this year, she was inducted as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) into the Mississippi State Board of Public Accountancy.
It was in high school that Felicia decided on accounting as a career. “I took an accounting course under Mrs. Gloria Cooper in high school and fell completely in love with it,” she said. “I was determined that one day I would be a CPA.”
Dunn said that her aunt (Alicia Robinson) and her parents have been extremely instrumental in her life as they expressed the importance of education and career and exemplified it through their own personal successes. Robinson, who teaches at NAHS, taught Felicia and served as her Speech & Debate coach.
She is the daughter of Dennis & Brenda McGaha of New Albany. Felicia is married to Durran Dunn, who is also a CPA as well as a Certified Internal Auditor. They have one child Christopher Berry and are expecting their second child.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...