Former NAHS student Felicia Dunn becomes CPA, corporate accountant
Felicia McGaha Dunn, a 1998 graduate of New Albany High School, is an accountant with the Georgia-Pacific Corporation. She serves as a Senior Accountant in the Corporate Accounting Group and works at the headquarters office in Atlanta, Georgia.
Her job responsibilities include: handling the accounting for most corporate inter-company debt, the legal entity accounting for several foreign and domestic corporate entities, and also has responsibilities centered around fixed assets.
Dunn graduated summa cum laude from the University of Southern Mississippi in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. In April of this year, she was inducted as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) into the Mississippi State Board of Public Accountancy.
It was in high school that Felicia decided on accounting as a career. “I took an accounting course under Mrs. Gloria Cooper in high school and fell completely in love with it,” she said. “I was determined that one day I would be a CPA.”
Dunn said that her aunt (Alicia Robinson) and her parents have been extremely instrumental in her life as they expressed the importance of education and career and exemplified it through their own personal successes. Robinson, who teaches at NAHS, taught Felicia and served as her Speech & Debate coach.
She is the daughter of Dennis & Brenda McGaha of New Albany. Felicia is married to Durran Dunn, who is also a CPA as well as a Certified Internal Auditor. They have one child Christopher Berry and are expecting their second child.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Clerk’s office open for absentee voting Saturday morning October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...