Former NAHS student Felicia Dunn becomes CPA, corporate accountant
Felicia McGaha Dunn, a 1998 graduate of New Albany High School, is an accountant with the Georgia-Pacific Corporation. She serves as a Senior Accountant in the Corporate Accounting Group and works at the headquarters office in Atlanta, Georgia.
Her job responsibilities include: handling the accounting for most corporate inter-company debt, the legal entity accounting for several foreign and domestic corporate entities, and also has responsibilities centered around fixed assets.
Dunn graduated summa cum laude from the University of Southern Mississippi in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. In April of this year, she was inducted as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) into the Mississippi State Board of Public Accountancy.
It was in high school that Felicia decided on accounting as a career. “I took an accounting course under Mrs. Gloria Cooper in high school and fell completely in love with it,” she said. “I was determined that one day I would be a CPA.”
Dunn said that her aunt (Alicia Robinson) and her parents have been extremely instrumental in her life as they expressed the importance of education and career and exemplified it through their own personal successes. Robinson, who teaches at NAHS, taught Felicia and served as her Speech & Debate coach.
She is the daughter of Dennis & Brenda McGaha of New Albany. Felicia is married to Durran Dunn, who is also a CPA as well as a Certified Internal Auditor. They have one child Christopher Berry and are expecting their second child.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...