Hurricane News, September 15, 2010
Homecoming at Hurricane Baptist Church will be held on Oct. 3 with special services for the day as the night service will be changed to the afternoon. There will be a fellowship meal at noon.
The Wise Family Farms are getting prepared for their festivities beginning the first weekend in October located on Shady Grove Road.
Enjoying a trip to Memphis on Labor Day weekend were Polly Montgomery, Freida Browning, and Clarenda Parrish as they visited Floyce Long.
Labor Day weekend is always a busy weekend for the community as hunters locally as well as those from out of state hunt dove. Aden Hooker and I shopped in Oxford and then we joined the family at Lafayette Springs for a cookout.
Birthday wishes to Charlie Hicks who will be 80 on Sept. 16.
Guide Browning of ICC in Fulton was home for Labor Day weekend.
Birthday wishes to Marquetta Spears and to Lisa(Hale)Kidd.
Regina Smith of New Orleans enjoyed a visit with her mom, Dot Caples on Sept. 12, and they attended the morning services at Hurricane Baptist Church.
Nelda Morgan of Hernando was home for the weekend with her mom, Geraldine Burchfield and attended church with her also at Hurricane.
Get well wishes to Doyle Russell and to Dr. Richard Russell of New Albany. Dr. Stanley Russell of Jackson recently was in the community as he visited his brothers.
Warren Norwood, Susan and Graden Hooker ate at Fat Cat’s on Hwy. 30 on Saturday night. We enjoyed talking to Mr. and Mrs. Robert Phillips of Oxford while there. Robert is the son of Rex(Norwood)Phillips and the grandson of the late Arthur and Maude(Johnson)Norwood of Macedonia.
Get well wishes to Roy Dillard. Dean Dillard of Nettlon visited Roy at his Duncan Creek home last week as well as Rosa and Steve Heatherly of Etta on Saturday, Sept. 11.
Edie Norwood Oliver of Eupora recently celebrated her 22nd birthday and is a graduate of Delta State University in May. She is now at Mississippi State University as she entered the veterinarian program this fall to continue her education. Her grandmother, Dotsy(Norwood)Williamson, also of Eupora and a former resident of Hurricane, is busy with the physical education department at MSU as she serves as their professor for student teaching assignments to various schools in the state.
A belated expression of expression is extended to the family of Bernice Gann(97) of Houlka. She was the great-grandmother of Brooke Hooker, and Braxton Hooker(2) represents the fifth generation of this family with Ellie Moore of Sarepta, her daughter, and James Moore of Sarepta, her grandson, completing the generations. I enjoyed a visit at her home two years ago, and her flowers were a source of pride on her lawn.
A belated expression of sympathy is extended to the family of Ludie Dorrough(82) of Fredonia who was the daughter of the late John Arthur Dorrough and Eunice(Graham)Dorrough.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Jack Ray Warren(84) of Olive Branch who was the son of the late Shirley Hill and Vera(Todd)Warren.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Connie(Warren)Heatherly of Turnpike who was the wife of the late Bernard Heatherly and the daughter of the late Ulton and Winnie(Blue)Warren. Interment was at Sand Springs Cemetery.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Bobby Sledge of Houston who was the uncle of Stephen(Caroline)Brents of Cane Creek.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...