Liberty School News, September 10, 2010
The Aug. 17 meeting of Liberty School began with a welcome to the 30 attendees by Lil Grisham. Bro. Doug Raines gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner.
In the business session, Joanne Gaines read minutes from the July meeting and Joyce Fitzgerald gave the financial report. Ms. Grisham also gave an “Appreciation Time” for attendees to express their appreciation for someone or something. Ms. Grisham also recognized a “thank-you” and donation to the school from the Fitzgerald family. The families of Betty Huffstatler and Idelle Rakestraw Crumpton expressed their thanks for being provided a meal following the funerals of their loved ones. Mrs. Crumpton attended Liberty School (1925).
Bobby Henry provided the program for the evening. In the program, he showed and described a video and beautiful pictures of Sedona, Ariz., the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Crater Lake, the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert. The pictures and video were taken on a 2009 vacation/conference trip with his wife, Frances, his daughter, Suzette and his sister, Lorraine to Phoenix, Ariz. Phoenix was an alternate location for the annual Quality Life Association Conference.
August anniversaries include: Lucille and Ray Fitzgerald (68 years), Jane and David Raines (60 years) and Kay and Charlie Sappington (38 years). August birthdays include: Roy Caldwell, Norman Dunlap, Ottis Dunlap, Roy May, James Stout and Barry Strawn. Cody Pilcher was a visitor at the meeting. Frances Dunson and Sarah Farris were recognized and welcomed as new members.
Get well wishes were extended to Mabel Downs, Dale Dunlap, Ruby Lee Dunlap, Lopez Gilley, Frances and Virgil Herring and Frances Wigington. David Crumpton led a prayer remembering those who were sick.
The Liberty School annual reunion and covered-dish meal will be held from 2 until 5 p.m., Oct. 9, 2010. Entertainment will be provided by “Southern Comfort.”
The September meeting and covered-dish dinner will be held at 6 p.m., Sept. 21, 2010. Entertainment will be provided. Everyone is welcome.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...