Liberty School News, September 10, 2010
The Aug. 17 meeting of Liberty School began with a welcome to the 30 attendees by Lil Grisham. Bro. Doug Raines gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner.
In the business session, Joanne Gaines read minutes from the July meeting and Joyce Fitzgerald gave the financial report. Ms. Grisham also gave an “Appreciation Time” for attendees to express their appreciation for someone or something. Ms. Grisham also recognized a “thank-you” and donation to the school from the Fitzgerald family. The families of Betty Huffstatler and Idelle Rakestraw Crumpton expressed their thanks for being provided a meal following the funerals of their loved ones. Mrs. Crumpton attended Liberty School (1925).
Bobby Henry provided the program for the evening. In the program, he showed and described a video and beautiful pictures of Sedona, Ariz., the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Crater Lake, the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert. The pictures and video were taken on a 2009 vacation/conference trip with his wife, Frances, his daughter, Suzette and his sister, Lorraine to Phoenix, Ariz. Phoenix was an alternate location for the annual Quality Life Association Conference.
August anniversaries include: Lucille and Ray Fitzgerald (68 years), Jane and David Raines (60 years) and Kay and Charlie Sappington (38 years). August birthdays include: Roy Caldwell, Norman Dunlap, Ottis Dunlap, Roy May, James Stout and Barry Strawn. Cody Pilcher was a visitor at the meeting. Frances Dunson and Sarah Farris were recognized and welcomed as new members.
Get well wishes were extended to Mabel Downs, Dale Dunlap, Ruby Lee Dunlap, Lopez Gilley, Frances and Virgil Herring and Frances Wigington. David Crumpton led a prayer remembering those who were sick.
The Liberty School annual reunion and covered-dish meal will be held from 2 until 5 p.m., Oct. 9, 2010. Entertainment will be provided by “Southern Comfort.”
The September meeting and covered-dish dinner will be held at 6 p.m., Sept. 21, 2010. Entertainment will be provided. Everyone is welcome.
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...