Liberty School News, September 10, 2010
The Aug. 17 meeting of Liberty School began with a welcome to the 30 attendees by Lil Grisham. Bro. Doug Raines gave the invocation and blessing prior to the covered-dish dinner.
In the business session, Joanne Gaines read minutes from the July meeting and Joyce Fitzgerald gave the financial report. Ms. Grisham also gave an “Appreciation Time” for attendees to express their appreciation for someone or something. Ms. Grisham also recognized a “thank-you” and donation to the school from the Fitzgerald family. The families of Betty Huffstatler and Idelle Rakestraw Crumpton expressed their thanks for being provided a meal following the funerals of their loved ones. Mrs. Crumpton attended Liberty School (1925).
Bobby Henry provided the program for the evening. In the program, he showed and described a video and beautiful pictures of Sedona, Ariz., the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Crater Lake, the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert. The pictures and video were taken on a 2009 vacation/conference trip with his wife, Frances, his daughter, Suzette and his sister, Lorraine to Phoenix, Ariz. Phoenix was an alternate location for the annual Quality Life Association Conference.
August anniversaries include: Lucille and Ray Fitzgerald (68 years), Jane and David Raines (60 years) and Kay and Charlie Sappington (38 years). August birthdays include: Roy Caldwell, Norman Dunlap, Ottis Dunlap, Roy May, James Stout and Barry Strawn. Cody Pilcher was a visitor at the meeting. Frances Dunson and Sarah Farris were recognized and welcomed as new members.
Get well wishes were extended to Mabel Downs, Dale Dunlap, Ruby Lee Dunlap, Lopez Gilley, Frances and Virgil Herring and Frances Wigington. David Crumpton led a prayer remembering those who were sick.
The Liberty School annual reunion and covered-dish meal will be held from 2 until 5 p.m., Oct. 9, 2010. Entertainment will be provided by “Southern Comfort.”
The September meeting and covered-dish dinner will be held at 6 p.m., Sept. 21, 2010. Entertainment will be provided. Everyone is welcome.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...