NAHS News, September 15, 2010
Things have been “Cookin’ up in The Kitchen”, Kitchen’s Field, that is!
Student spirit is at an all time high this year with such a great,and so far undefeated, football season. With homecoming only few weeks away, this year being September 24. Upcoming homecoming activitieswill include the parade on Thursday, September 23.
This starts at 6 p.m. downtown with the community wide pep rally immediately following in Memorial Gym. We hope to see everyone showing spirit at the peprally and parade!
Classes have already started planning their floats in order to win the coveted “Rulers of the Roost” trophy at the pep rally.
Dress up days for homecoming are:
Monday: Senior Citizen/Kindergarten Day, Tuesday: Fairy Tale Day, Wednesday: Decade Day (9th=50’s, 10th=20’s, 11th=70’s, 12th=80’s) Thursday: T-shirt, spirit day, Friday: Dress up day. Remember that Friday of Homecoming is a 60% day!
Escorts for homecoming this year include: Taylor Goode, Jimbo Waldrop, Sam Jackson Dunnam, Tarver Reeder, Taylor McCreight, Jake Neuhaus, Collin Stubblefield, Adam Coombs, Tyler Basil, JD Morris, Kareem Brown, Neives Oglesby, Austin Richey, and Andrew Ballard.
AFJROTC conducted their annual Patriot Day Ceremony in honor of 9/11 on Friday, September 10 at 7:50 a.m. The student body gathered in front of the school at the first bell to remember this somber event.
Gifted art and chorus students are preparing for a field trip to Memphis on October 20. Students will tour the Stax Museum, ride the downtown trolley, see the Peabody ducks, eat at the Rendezvous and see “Wicked”, a Broadway musical at the Orpheum. Students are reminded to pay their second deposit on the trip by September 30!
Also, Mr. Ladner’s classes will soon be traveling to the Buffalo Park and will elect officers on that day.
The counselor’s office would like to announce that the PSAT $15 registration fee is due Friday, September 10th. The test will be given Wednesday, October 13. Deadline to register for the ACT October 23rd, is Friday, September 17, students can register online or pick up packets in the Career Center.
Also, all Juniors will take the ASVAB Wednesday, September 15th. Please check our school website www.nahighschool.com for the latest news and videos!
Recently added incude, “Who’s Your Hero” , NAHS Softball and NA Fans Cooking It Up. Remember that a DVD of any of our videos can be purchased by contacting Mrs. Thompson at the school.
Here’s the schedule of spirit dress up for upcoming games: (dress out your spirit!)
9/17 Independence Wildcats: “Trap the Wildcats,” wear your camo!
9/24 MS Palmer Dragons: Homecoming dress up day.
10/1 Pontotoc Warriors: “TCB Takin’ Care of Business” Dress professionally to take care of the Warriors.
10/8 Itawamba Indians: “Wrangle the Indians” Dress wild west/cowboy!
10/15 North Pontotoc Vikings: “Flavor of Success” It’s FLAVOR FLAV TIME!”
10/22 Shannon Red Raiders: “Raid the Raiders” Wear all your pirate attire to raid their treasure!
10/29 Tish Co. Braves: “Twilight of our Season”…whose team are YOU on?
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Clerk’s office open for absentee voting Saturday morning October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...