Eastern Lights, September 17, 2010
The rain Friday afternoon was so welcome and refreshing. I do believe it is the beginning of the fall growing season. Guess we better get those turnip, mustard, radish and lettuce seeds in the ground. Although, I noticed Robert and Jean Benefield already have a big patch growing.
We send our sympathy to the families of Winnie Faye Hodges who was buried at Pleasant Ridge Tuesday. She had been in failing health for sometime. She leaves two sons, James Dale Hodges and wife Teen and Roy Wayne Hodges and wife Georgia of Keownville and Pleasant Ridge and three grandchildren, Tony Hodges, Lindsey Hodges, and Michael Hodges. She will certainly be missed by her family and all who knew her.
Dean and Mary Ruth Weeden visited Annie Lois Pannell and other relatives in Union County Monday. Dean, Mary Ruth and Annie Lois visited with the Hodges – Hogue families Monday evening at the funeral home.
Tuesday I visited with Lois Easley, Charlene Garrison and Elaine Self.
Wednesday I went back and played the piano for them to sing. When you get to feeling sorry for yourself just go visit with these folks and not only will you give a blessing but you will be blessed also.
Afterwards I went to Health and Rehab and visited with Carolyn Brooks, Wardie Sanford, Mary Etta Hill, Jewel Hall, Alice White Murphy, Polly Baggett, and Varentine Smith Carter.
Happy birthday to Twanda Little on Sept. 17, to Teen Hodges and Earlene Hall on Sept. 21, to Amy Bell and Jean Jarvis on Sept. 22, to Betty Camp, Tracie Gross and Sam Prewett on Sept. 25.
A beletated happy anniversary to Jr. and Ann Pannell on Sept. 9 and a happy anniversary to Jason and Kim Easterling on Sept. 25.
Best wishes to Peggy Humphreys and Margaret McGraw over at Ellistown who have been in the hospital recently and have a lot of medical problems.
Word has just come this Sunday night that Mrs. Cleo Ivy has just passed away. May God Bless Darrell and Mary Alice and their families at this time.
Remember the benefit for Patty Johnson this Saturday. The medical bills have piled up and her and Burney are sure in need of some help.
Remember also the Buena Vista School reunion this Saturday night Sept. 18 at Fellowship Baptist Church. All students, relatives and friends are welcome. Potluck meal will be at 6 p.m.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- The Playhouse December 6, 2016
- Governor lifts burn ban December 6, 2016
- Deadline for letters to Santa is Friday, Dec. 9 December 6, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday