Ellistown Breezes, September 17, 2010
I hope everyone is enjoying these somewhat cooler days and nights. What a Summer! I believe Fall officially arrives Monday, Sept. 20.
On Monday, Sept. 20th, Hunter Hatcher will become a teenager. Congratulations to you. And on Sept. 21, Steven Travis Thomas will be a big four. Happy birthday to you fellows and my you have many more.
I talked with Peggy Humphreys last Sunday and she jokingly said we need to get us motorized chairs. She was in good spirit and I am gradually getting better, I think. This back brace I have to wear for a month isn’t too bad. Not bad at all if it heals my backbone.
I was sorry to hear Helen Randle say that Betty Harper came to Sunday School Class and sounded like I did when I first got sick. Oh Betty, I do hope you don’t have what I had and still have.
Please go to your doctor immediately if you haven’t already gone.
My heart was broken this week when my sister-in-law, Carolyn McCraw, called to tell me her doctor has found a cancer in one of her lungs. It wasn’t long ago that whe buried her husband, Everette, because of cancer in his lungs. Everette was a heavy smoker, but I dare say Carolyn has never smoked a cigarette.
I came home from the hospital last Wednesday the 8thh. Buddy and Patsy are real good nurses. They have been by my side every day. Today they are adding extra steps to the back deck to make it easier to step on to it from the house.
I told Cindy, Buddy’s wife, what a good nurse he is and she replied, “He is a real Dr. Killdare, isn’t he?” (from TV).
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series