Kuhn leads Lady Urchins over South Pontotoc
In a game that had several lead and momentum changes, Chelsea Kuhn had the last say. The senior stepped up with a two RBI triple in the sixth inning, leading the Lady Urchins to a 10-9 win over South Pontotoc on Monday.
Down 8-6 at the beginning of the frame, Alie Haynie and Katie Hunt had back-to-back hits and a sacrifice play by Callie Jo Winters cut the deficit to one. Kuhn’s triple cleared the bases, giving East Union the lead, and she later scored on a single by Ashley Leach.
The Lady Urchins led early in the game, going ahead 2-0 off a single and three walks. A pitching change by the Lady Cougars slowed East Union’s offense down with South Pontotoc taking the lead, 5-3, in the fourth inning.
East Union tied the game in the fifth, as Rachel Elder brought in two runs after singles by Kuhn and Leach.
Kuhn led East Union with three hits, while Hunt, Leach and Heather Dillard each had two hits, including a triple by Leach in the fourth inning.
East Union will play in the Pontotoc Tournament this weekend and host Mantachie next Monday and Walnut next Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...