Kuhn leads Lady Urchins over South Pontotoc
In a game that had several lead and momentum changes, Chelsea Kuhn had the last say. The senior stepped up with a two RBI triple in the sixth inning, leading the Lady Urchins to a 10-9 win over South Pontotoc on Monday.
Down 8-6 at the beginning of the frame, Alie Haynie and Katie Hunt had back-to-back hits and a sacrifice play by Callie Jo Winters cut the deficit to one. Kuhn’s triple cleared the bases, giving East Union the lead, and she later scored on a single by Ashley Leach.
The Lady Urchins led early in the game, going ahead 2-0 off a single and three walks. A pitching change by the Lady Cougars slowed East Union’s offense down with South Pontotoc taking the lead, 5-3, in the fourth inning.
East Union tied the game in the fifth, as Rachel Elder brought in two runs after singles by Kuhn and Leach.
Kuhn led East Union with three hits, while Hunt, Leach and Heather Dillard each had two hits, including a triple by Leach in the fourth inning.
East Union will play in the Pontotoc Tournament this weekend and host Mantachie next Monday and Walnut next Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Faulkner readers urged to just ‘keep on goin’ September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...