Kuhn leads Lady Urchins over South Pontotoc
In a game that had several lead and momentum changes, Chelsea Kuhn had the last say. The senior stepped up with a two RBI triple in the sixth inning, leading the Lady Urchins to a 10-9 win over South Pontotoc on Monday.
Down 8-6 at the beginning of the frame, Alie Haynie and Katie Hunt had back-to-back hits and a sacrifice play by Callie Jo Winters cut the deficit to one. Kuhn’s triple cleared the bases, giving East Union the lead, and she later scored on a single by Ashley Leach.
The Lady Urchins led early in the game, going ahead 2-0 off a single and three walks. A pitching change by the Lady Cougars slowed East Union’s offense down with South Pontotoc taking the lead, 5-3, in the fourth inning.
East Union tied the game in the fifth, as Rachel Elder brought in two runs after singles by Kuhn and Leach.
Kuhn led East Union with three hits, while Hunt, Leach and Heather Dillard each had two hits, including a triple by Leach in the fourth inning.
East Union will play in the Pontotoc Tournament this weekend and host Mantachie next Monday and Walnut next Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann to be guest speaker at Business-2-Business program Thursday October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Section of Main Street closed for repairs October 25, 2016
- Pastor faces sex charges October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...