Macedonia News, September 17, 2010
On Thursday, Sept. 9, Jimmy and Jacob Shirley and Hunter McQuary traveled to Starkville to attend the MSU vs. Auburn football game. Ashley Russell also attended. They were some mighty disappointed dawg fans since State wasn’t able to pull out a victory.
The annual Garrison reunion was held Saturday, Sept. 11, at Mildred Pitner’s home. About 40 family members gathered for lunch. Out of town guests attending were John and Joyce Garrison from Collierville, Tenn.; Corey, Priscilla, and Reagen Howell from Brandon, Miss.; Michael and Drew Garrison from Walls, Miss.; and Mark, Donna, and Justin Pitner from Booneville, Miss. Mildred has been hosting this reunion for about 20 years.
Pud Garrison has been under the weather and has had to make several trips to the doctor. The family reports that she is better now. She was able to make it to the Garrison reunion.
Saturday was a busy day for West Union children. The day started off at East Union with the cross country team competing. Savannah Shirley came in 5th and Mallory Newby came in 7th. The girls only had four competing so they needed one more runner to compete as a team. The other members running in the girls’ race was Allie Newby and Destiny Windham. West Union boys came in third.
At the New Albany Sportsplex, the boys fall ball league played several games of baseball, and the Union County Slow Pitch softball games began at noon. The West Union team played very well. They had a shot at the championship, but were unable to cash it in. Each girls’ team in the county played four games each. There were some mighty tired girls at the end of the day! Macedonia folks made up a large portion of the fan section.
Sunday, Sept. 12, Macedonia Church honored Magan Scott with a bridal tea. The fellowship hall was decorated in fall colors with arrangements of beautiful sunflowers throughout the room. Kay Page’s fruit arrangement was admired bya ll. Magan is the bride elect of Jonathan Williams. She received many beautiful gifts. Magan and Jonathan will be married on Oct. 9.
Each Sunday the members at Macedonia Baptist Church delight to see the new developments in the new sanctuary. Concrete has been poured and the plumbing done. Next work will begin on the walls.
The Union County Baptists left on a mission trip to Star, Miss. on Sunday, Sept. 12. Harold Grisham and Patrick Grisham attended from Macedonia. They intend to work on Children’s Village buildings.
The West Union elementary beauty revue will be Thursday, Sept. 16, and the high school beauty revue will be Friday, Sept. 17. Both pageants will begin at 6 pm.
“Thought for the week: No wonder we are happy in the Lord! For we are trusting him. Yes, Lord, let your constant love surround us, for our hopes are in you alone.” Psalm 33:21-22 TLB
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights September 29, 2016
- The Playhouse September 29, 2016
- New web site allows better public access to campaign finance reports September 29, 2016
- Church honors first responders September 29, 2016
- East Union opens division play at Byers September 30, 2016
- Headed to postseason September 30, 2016
- East Union Attendance Center 2016 Homecoming Court September 29, 2016
- City sales revenue continues upswing September 29, 2016
- First solar energy farm here gets PSC approval September 29, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...