New Albany Garden Club hosting recycled birdhouse project
The New Albany Garden Club is encouraging students in New Albany and Union County schools, grades K-12, to participate in a recycling project to build a birdhouse.
The students are encouraged to use recycled materials such as plastic, aluminum, or wood to build a birdhouse.
The students’ birdhouses will need to be delivered for display to the Union County Heritage Museum Thursday, Sept. 23 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. The birdhouses will be judged by New Albany Garden Club members and Felder Rushing, Tallahatchie RiverFest’s featured literary speaker at the William Faulkner Literary Festival.
The birdhouses will then be displayed at the Magnolia Civic Center during the Literary Festival on Friday, Sept.r 24, 2010.
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...