New Albany Garden Club hosting recycled birdhouse project
The New Albany Garden Club is encouraging students in New Albany and Union County schools, grades K-12, to participate in a recycling project to build a birdhouse.
The students are encouraged to use recycled materials such as plastic, aluminum, or wood to build a birdhouse.
The students’ birdhouses will need to be delivered for display to the Union County Heritage Museum Thursday, Sept. 23 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. The birdhouses will be judged by New Albany Garden Club members and Felder Rushing, Tallahatchie RiverFest’s featured literary speaker at the William Faulkner Literary Festival.
The birdhouses will then be displayed at the Magnolia Civic Center during the Literary Festival on Friday, Sept.r 24, 2010.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...