Northeast baseball schedules alumni event
Northeast Mississippi Community College head baseball Kent Farris has announced that the program’s alumni event will be held on Saturday, October 9.
Northeast’s second baseball alumni event will be held on Saturday, October 9 at 9:30 a.m. at Harold T. White Field inside Booneville City Park.
Registration will start at 9:30 a.m. with batting practice beginning 30 minutes later for all former players.
Recognition for former and current players will take place approximately an hour later at 11:15 a.m. before the baseball alumni take on the 2010 Tiger baseball team.
As a way of evaluating talent, Farris will put the baseball alumni against the 2010 Tiger baseball team as a way of getting in a fall scrimmage after competition against other schools during the fall was taken away during the offseason.
The format for the alumni game will see the Tiger pitching staff throwing for both squads.
Northeast held its first-ever baseball alumni event in November 2008 before taking the fall semester off in 2009.
During the first-ever event, players spanning five decades (1950s-2000s) stepped onto the Harold T. White Field at Booneville City Park.
Although no score was kept during that game, the two teams battled it out with each team using a variety of pitchers ranging from the 1970s through the 2008 season to try to quell the opposition.
A contingent of players from the 1962 State Championship team along with their coach Hal Hughes made the day a momentous occasion by presenting Farris with the 1962 State Championship trophy and a photo of the team.
For more information about the Northeast baseball alumni event, contact Farris at 662-720-7309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Chris Elkins
- Blood donations urgently needed in the final weeks of summer August 23, 2016
- Local resident report being victim of jury duty scam August 25, 2016
- Tanglefoot Trail good, but needs more signs August 25, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes August 25, 2016
- Eastern Lights August 25, 2016
- Friday Night Lights: Deep ball upends Bulldogs August 26, 2016
- Urchins tame the Lions in shutout win August 25, 2016
- Easy riding ahead August 25, 2016
- County schools still among top in state August 25, 2016
- Rickey Scaggs to headline Tallahatchie RiverFest in Oct. August 25, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...