Northeast baseball schedules alumni event
Northeast Mississippi Community College head baseball Kent Farris has announced that the program’s alumni event will be held on Saturday, October 9.
Northeast’s second baseball alumni event will be held on Saturday, October 9 at 9:30 a.m. at Harold T. White Field inside Booneville City Park.
Registration will start at 9:30 a.m. with batting practice beginning 30 minutes later for all former players.
Recognition for former and current players will take place approximately an hour later at 11:15 a.m. before the baseball alumni take on the 2010 Tiger baseball team.
As a way of evaluating talent, Farris will put the baseball alumni against the 2010 Tiger baseball team as a way of getting in a fall scrimmage after competition against other schools during the fall was taken away during the offseason.
The format for the alumni game will see the Tiger pitching staff throwing for both squads.
Northeast held its first-ever baseball alumni event in November 2008 before taking the fall semester off in 2009.
During the first-ever event, players spanning five decades (1950s-2000s) stepped onto the Harold T. White Field at Booneville City Park.
Although no score was kept during that game, the two teams battled it out with each team using a variety of pitchers ranging from the 1970s through the 2008 season to try to quell the opposition.
A contingent of players from the 1962 State Championship team along with their coach Hal Hughes made the day a momentous occasion by presenting Farris with the 1962 State Championship trophy and a photo of the team.
For more information about the Northeast baseball alumni event, contact Farris at 662-720-7309 or email email@example.com
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series