BMC ties for fifth in first golf tournament
5 to finish tied for fifth with host Union University’s black squad. Union’s red team won the tournament with a 13-over-par 301 total. Cumberland University’s A squad finished second at 313, followed by Union’s white squad at 319, Cumberland B at 324.
Bethel University finished in seventh place behind BMC with a 331 total, and Martin Methodist University’s three teams finished with scores of 335, 341 and 353.
Ryan Chandler of Union beat Cumberland’s Paul Vaughn on the first hole of a playoff for medalist honors/ Each shot a 1-over-par 73.
Robbins, a transfer from Northeast Mississippi Community College, finished in a tie for 12th place with his 38-40–78. Grant Burns, a junior from Waynesboro, shot a 39-42–81 and finished tied for 16th; Michael Collie, a junior from Collierville to finish tied for 19th, had a 42-40–82; Rob Goodson, a sophomore from Ripley, had a 41-43–84; and Adam Hall, a freshman from Saltillo, struggled to a 47-40–87.
The Toppers play Monday afternoon at Pontotoc Country club in a match against Itawamba, Northeast and Northwest community colleges.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...