Gray faces challenger in elections
With the November elections approaching, Union Countians living in District Two will have a choice to make regarding a Union County school board representative.
Gary Gray, who currently holds the seat of School Board, District Two, will face challenger Mickey Basil in the Nov. 2, 2010 election.
Meanwhile, Union County School Board member Terry Cook, who represents the county’s first district, will not have an opponent in the election.
Union Countians will also have several decisions to make in regard to judicial representatives for state’s First Congressional District.
All four of the district’s Chancery Court judges’ positions are up for election. They are John A. Hatcher for Place One, Michael Malski for Place Two, Jacqueline Estes Mask for Place Three and Talmadge D. Littlejohn for Place Four. None of these candidates will face an opponent.
In the Court of Appeals, District One, Position One race, Jimmy Maxwell will go unchallenged, while Donna M. Barnes and Kelly L. Mims will face each other for the Court of Appeals, District One, Position Two seat.
In the Circuit Court races, Andrew K. Howorth will seek re-election to the District Three, Place One seat. Shirley C. Byers and Robert W. Elliot face each other in the District Three, Place Two race. John A. Gregory, Tom Levidiotis and Dave Rozier are all up for the Circuit Court Judge, District Three, Place Three seat.
County residents, like all residents of Mississippi’s First U.S. Congressional District, will also be electing a U.S. House of Representative.
Incumbent Democrat Travis W. Childers will face seven opponents in his bid for re-election, most notably Republican challenger Alan Nunelee. Four independent candidates, A.G. Baddley, Les Green, Rick “Rico” Hoskins and Wally Pang, have also entered the race. Other challengers include Constitution candidate Gail Giaramita and Libertarian Harold M. Taylor.
The election is set for Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2010. The polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. that day. The Gazette will release a list of voting precincts at a later date.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...