Memphis man faces felony drug charges after traffic stop
A Sunday evening traffic stop two miles east of New Albany on U.S. Highway 78 has led to the discovery of more than 1/2 pound of marijuana and landed a Memphis man in jail.
According to Mississippi Highway Patrol Troop F Public Affairs Officer Ray Hall, James E. Toney, Jr. 37, of Memphis, Tenn. was arrested and charged Sunday evening with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
Hall said that the arrest came after a trooper stopped the vehicle in which Toney was a passenger.
“After a brief investigation, the drugs were discovered and Toney was placed in custody,” Hall said.
Hall said that the case remains under investigation.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...