UC falls at Belmont
Union County JV found the intensity they had in their opening game against Ripley, defeating Belmont on the road, 14-8, on Tuesday.
Broderick Montgomery and Jonathan Thomas each had scores for UC, after finding themselves down early in the game.
“We were down 8-6 and had the ball fourth and goal and couldn’t punch it in,” UC head coach Scott Duley said. “Our defense held up on the next possession and we were able to go in and score and maintained that lead to win the game.”
Belmont had three turnovers, all forced by Montgomery, who stepped up again for UC.
“He had a tremendous game” Duley said of Montgomery. “Defensively, we took the ball away three times in a row, so I’m pleased with our effort on both sides of the ball.”
The junior high squad saw much improvement from their first game, despite falling 32-0 to Belmont.
“They played better, and the main positive we’re taking from this is that we had no turnovers,” Duley said.
“We had some big plays on our first possession, but we lost Ty McDonald (starting QB and DE), which hurt us early. We didn’t have anyone to back him up.”
Junior high will next play New Albany on Monday, and junior varsity will host Jumpertown next Thursday at Kitchens’ Field.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series