BMC hosts high school cross country meet
Danielle Cobb of Baldwyn led the home-schooled Spartans Running Club to the girls title in the Blue Mountain College High School Invitational cross country meet Saturday, and Luke Hatcher of Pontotoc led the Warriors to the boys championship.
Cobb finished the 5k race with a time of 21:16.46 for the girls title over Katy McAuley of Pontotoc (21:26.16), Martha Chunn of the Spartans (21:38.76, Shelbi Barnes of Kossuth (21:40.37) and Robin Shumaker of Pontotoc (21:54.64)
Hatcher took the boys 5k race in 17:59.31, well ahead of Brian McDonnieal of Corinth (18:26.95), Simon Poppelreiter of Saltillo (18:31.99; Kyle Suitor of Kossuth (18:40.55), and Zach Seneff of Caledonia (18:44.03).
The Spartans captured the girls team title with 34 points, followed by Saltillo with 45, Pontotoc with 51 and Corinth with 86. Pontotoc won the boys team championship with 32 points, followed by Corinth with 50, Saltillo with 57 and East Union with 95.
In the girls junior varsity 2-mile race, Hanna Step of Pontotoc won the girls competition with a time of 14:40.96, and Pontotoc won the team title. Saltillo won the boys junior varsity title while Jacob Ferguson of Pontotoc won the individual championship with a time of 13:07.41.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...