Smithville takes division title over Ingomar
Missed opportunities helped Smithville win a division title, as the Lady Seminoles defeated Ingomar 9-2 on Thursday.
The Lady ‘Noles opened their scoring attack in the third, as a walk and three straight singles brought in the first run. An error and another single by Jennie Avery made it 3-0.
Smithville added on another run in the third, and the Lady Falcons got on the board in the third, as Kate Webb hit a two-out double and scored off a single by Shelly Grisham.
Up 5-1 in the top of the seventh, the Lady ‘Noles scored four runs off five straight hits. Mallory Adair hit a leadoff single in the bottom half of the frame and scored on a single by Webb.
Ingomar had opportunities to score, primarily in the first and sixth innings, but could not capitalize in the loss.
“Any opportunity we had, we totally missed it, one hundred percent. We got outplayed in every aspect of the game,” Ingomar head coach Andy Wilbanks said. “I thought coming in, with it being the biggest game of the year, we’d be up, and we were not. After it was three to nothing, we were done. They never came back, never responded, and we need to work on that going into the playoffs for sure.”
Web led the Lady Falcons with three hits and an RBI, while Reid Little and Grisham each had two hits.
For Smithville, Breanna Edgeworth had three hits and Kami Roberts, Linsey Lann, Laken Armstrong and Lane Kennedy each had two in the win.
Ingomar will host North Pontotoc this week before the playoffs.
About Chris Elkins
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- The Playhouse July 28, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series
- ‘Paid in Full’ to give 25th anniversary concert