Smithville takes division title over Ingomar
Missed opportunities helped Smithville win a division title, as the Lady Seminoles defeated Ingomar 9-2 on Thursday.
The Lady ‘Noles opened their scoring attack in the third, as a walk and three straight singles brought in the first run. An error and another single by Jennie Avery made it 3-0.
Smithville added on another run in the third, and the Lady Falcons got on the board in the third, as Kate Webb hit a two-out double and scored off a single by Shelly Grisham.
Up 5-1 in the top of the seventh, the Lady ‘Noles scored four runs off five straight hits. Mallory Adair hit a leadoff single in the bottom half of the frame and scored on a single by Webb.
Ingomar had opportunities to score, primarily in the first and sixth innings, but could not capitalize in the loss.
“Any opportunity we had, we totally missed it, one hundred percent. We got outplayed in every aspect of the game,” Ingomar head coach Andy Wilbanks said. “I thought coming in, with it being the biggest game of the year, we’d be up, and we were not. After it was three to nothing, we were done. They never came back, never responded, and we need to work on that going into the playoffs for sure.”
Web led the Lady Falcons with three hits and an RBI, while Reid Little and Grisham each had two hits.
For Smithville, Breanna Edgeworth had three hits and Kami Roberts, Linsey Lann, Laken Armstrong and Lane Kennedy each had two in the win.
Ingomar will host North Pontotoc this week before the playoffs.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...