Smithville takes division title over Ingomar
Missed opportunities helped Smithville win a division title, as the Lady Seminoles defeated Ingomar 9-2 on Thursday.
The Lady ‘Noles opened their scoring attack in the third, as a walk and three straight singles brought in the first run. An error and another single by Jennie Avery made it 3-0.
Smithville added on another run in the third, and the Lady Falcons got on the board in the third, as Kate Webb hit a two-out double and scored off a single by Shelly Grisham.
Up 5-1 in the top of the seventh, the Lady ‘Noles scored four runs off five straight hits. Mallory Adair hit a leadoff single in the bottom half of the frame and scored on a single by Webb.
Ingomar had opportunities to score, primarily in the first and sixth innings, but could not capitalize in the loss.
“Any opportunity we had, we totally missed it, one hundred percent. We got outplayed in every aspect of the game,” Ingomar head coach Andy Wilbanks said. “I thought coming in, with it being the biggest game of the year, we’d be up, and we were not. After it was three to nothing, we were done. They never came back, never responded, and we need to work on that going into the playoffs for sure.”
Web led the Lady Falcons with three hits and an RBI, while Reid Little and Grisham each had two hits.
For Smithville, Breanna Edgeworth had three hits and Kami Roberts, Linsey Lann, Laken Armstrong and Lane Kennedy each had two in the win.
Ingomar will host North Pontotoc this week before the playoffs.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...