Quinn named presenter at ‘Mississippi Writers: Alive and Well’ program
The Mississippi Humanities Council and the Itawamba Community College Honors Council will present “Mississippi Writers: Alive and Well” at 6 p.m., Oct. 21.
Blue Mountain College Learning Center Director Anna Quinn of New Albany will present the event in the Crubaugh Technical Education seminar room at the ICC Fulton campus.
Quinn, a recently retired English teacher, has taught in the public and private schools of Mississippi for 39 years. She earned the bachelor’s degree from Blue Mountain College and the master’s degree in English from the University of Mississippi as well as additional work in the area of composition and rhetoric.
Quinn also serves as a consultant in writing with the University of Mississippi Writing Project. During her teaching career, she received numerous awards including Star Teacher of New Albany High School twice, Master Teacher at Northeast Mississippi Community College and Most Outstanding Faculty Member at Blue Mountain College in 2002.
In her retirement, she works part-time at Blue Mountain as interim director of the Learning Center and teaches a class of English composition each semester. She has worked as a volunteer with the Tallahatchie RiverFest literary activities since its inception. She is serving her second year of a three-year term as executive director of the Southern Literary Festival Association, and the next festival will be at Blue Mountain College in the spring of 2011. She is married to retired New Albany Schools superintendent Kenneth Quinn. They have two children, Sherri Bullard and Charles Quinn, and one grandchild, Natalie Bullard.
About Chris Elkins
- Division Dominance January 17, 2017
- Museum to have program on Mississippi quotations Thursday January 18, 2017
- County unemployment remains among state’s lowest at 4 percent January 18, 2017
- ‘Miracle’ continues to benefit police January 18, 2017
- King program promotes unity for all January 18, 2017
- Back in Business: New Albany rejoining Union County Tournament in 2018 January 20, 2017
- Playoff bound January 20, 2017
- Speller Owen Cotton wins ‘olympian’ victory January 19, 2017
- New candidate enters Ward One race January 19, 2017
- Weather Service to visit as part of severe storm awareness, training January 19, 2017
- tea party animal: A "closer look," with Your Home Missionary. ♫ ...
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...