East Union sweeps Union County Championships
The Urchins are on a roll, and their success this cross country season continued Monday, as East Union swept the Union County Championships.
Held at their school, the Lady Urchins took the varsity girls title with 33 points, followed by Myrtle with 45. East Union placed three runners in the top 10, five in top 15, led by Katie Rowan with a time of 18:43. Hannah Courtney and Haleigh Snyder followed Rowan in sixth and seventh respectively.
Halle Knowles took the overall title for varsity girls, finishing a time of 17:11, almost a full minute ahead of second place runner Kimberly Hardy of New Albany. Samantha Shettles, Rachel Peeler and Geneisha Howell also finished in the top 10 for the Lady Hawks.
New Albany finished third with three runners finishing in the top 15; Hardy, followed by Reese Neely in 10th and Haven Boyd in 14th. Savannah Shirley was the top finisher for West Union in third place overall with a time of 18:21, and Dana Bramlett finished 13th to lead Ingomar.
The boys’ side has been dominated by two individuals in Myrtle’s Bryan Cook and East Union’s Jose Valle, with Valle holding the edge. Cook redeemed himself, taking the individual title for the varsity boys, finishing with a time of 18:13, followed by Valle at 18:36.
East Union finished with four runners in the top 10, six in top 15 to take the team title, followed by Myrtle. Heriah Dodson also finished top 10 for the Hawks with a time of 19:57:18, edging New Albany’s Jimbo Waldrop in a photo finish.
The Bulldogs finished third with Daniel Drummond leading New Albany with a fourth place finish of 19:22. Waldrop and William Hardin, Ray Cooper and Graham Collins also finished top 15 for the ‘Dawgs.
New Albany picked up the junior varsity girls title, led by Laura Creekmore, Mary Scott Waldrop, Emily Baldridge and Kristen Olsen finishing in the top 10.
Creekmore was the top finisher for the Lady ‘Dawgs with a time of 17:36. Kitana High of Myrtle finished first overall at 16:39.
East Union finished second for the girls, with Autumn Moore and Kylie Ellis finishing second and third respectively. Emily Bruce rounded out the top 10 and Karmin Skelley was a top 15 finisher for the Lady Urchins, while Amber Cook of Myrtle finished top 10 for the Lady Hawks.
Myrtle boys took first in their junior varsity race, led by four top 10 finishers. Marquis Howell finished first overall with a time of 12:53, followed by Adrain Crockett of New Albany. Cole Prestige and Austin Jamisen placed top 10 for the Hawks.
East Union finished in second with five top 10 finishers in Ryan Skelley in third, followed by Neil Swords, Joey Pace, Zane Wilkerson and Derrick Owens.
New Albany finished in third, followed by Ingomar and West Union.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...