Epting leads BMC in TSAC championships
Led once again by Tuesdae Rowland and Austin Epting, Blue Mountain College raced to a second- and third-place finishes in the TranSouth Athletic Conference Championships here Saturday.
Rowland finished second to Allison Martin of Union University in the 31-runner women’s championship, while Epting trailed only Alex Brett and Edwin Kurgat of Union in the 35-runner men’s 8k title race.
Martin won the women’s 5k with a time of 19:19, while Rowland rand a 19:51. In the men’s race Union’s Brett posted an 8k time of 26:04, one second faster than teammate Kurgat. Epting finished with a time of 26:28.
Union swept both TSAC team titles. The Lady Toppers finished second, followed by Bethel and Freed Hardeman. In the men’s race, Bethel Bethel was second, BMC third, Freed Hardeman fourth, and Trevecca Nazarene fifth.
All the Lady Toppers runners finished in the top 15 and three — Rowland, Magan Wilburn and Emma Baxter — were named to the all-conference team. In the men’s competition, all the BMC runners finished in the top 19 and Epting was named All-TSAC.
In the women’s race, Wilburn was fifth with a time of 20:38, Baxter was seventh (20:56), Stephanie Dillard 11th (21:37), Mary Chunn 12th (21:38), Beth Goolsby 14th (21:58), and Ashlee Grisham 15th (22:05).
In the men’s race, Richard Fiest was 8th (27:45), Derek Scott 15th (28:30), Hunter Flanagan 16th (28:48), Nathan Young 17th (29:31), and Casey Bales 19th (29:55).
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins host Hamilton in Thursday’s home opener August 25, 2016
- Macedonia news August 30, 2016
- Hurricane news August 30, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news August 30, 2016
- IRS warns of back-to-school scams; encourages students, parents, schools to stay alert August 30, 2016
- Local schools do well in ACT test results August 30, 2016
- County sets public hearing for coming year’s budget August 30, 2016
- Union County Health and Rehab receives top rating from CMS August 30, 2016
- American Legion to sponsor Patriot Day program Sept. 9 August 30, 2016
- Labor Day holiday to affect community services August 30, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...