Epting leads BMC in TSAC championships
Led once again by Tuesdae Rowland and Austin Epting, Blue Mountain College raced to a second- and third-place finishes in the TranSouth Athletic Conference Championships here Saturday.
Rowland finished second to Allison Martin of Union University in the 31-runner women’s championship, while Epting trailed only Alex Brett and Edwin Kurgat of Union in the 35-runner men’s 8k title race.
Martin won the women’s 5k with a time of 19:19, while Rowland rand a 19:51. In the men’s race Union’s Brett posted an 8k time of 26:04, one second faster than teammate Kurgat. Epting finished with a time of 26:28.
Union swept both TSAC team titles. The Lady Toppers finished second, followed by Bethel and Freed Hardeman. In the men’s race, Bethel Bethel was second, BMC third, Freed Hardeman fourth, and Trevecca Nazarene fifth.
All the Lady Toppers runners finished in the top 15 and three — Rowland, Magan Wilburn and Emma Baxter — were named to the all-conference team. In the men’s competition, all the BMC runners finished in the top 19 and Epting was named All-TSAC.
In the women’s race, Wilburn was fifth with a time of 20:38, Baxter was seventh (20:56), Stephanie Dillard 11th (21:37), Mary Chunn 12th (21:38), Beth Goolsby 14th (21:58), and Ashlee Grisham 15th (22:05).
In the men’s race, Richard Fiest was 8th (27:45), Derek Scott 15th (28:30), Hunter Flanagan 16th (28:48), Nathan Young 17th (29:31), and Casey Bales 19th (29:55).
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...