NAHS News, October 27, 2010
NAHS students were terribly saddened this weekend to learn of the passing of one of our greatest teachers, Ms. Paula Windham. Our hearts and prayers go out to her family, as we will miss her smiling face every day. We will all truly miss a truly wonderful, optimistic, wise, and inspiring teacher. Even though her presence is gone, her memories and impact will forever stay in our hearts and will never be forgotten.
On a happy note, congratulations to our undefeated football team for yet another victory against Shannon in division play. This win capped off the division win for the tea, and made our record a perfect 10-0. This Friday night is senior night, so all seniors will be recognized before the game. We will play another division game against Tishomingo County, though we already know that we play Rosa Fort the following week for round one of playoffs. Congratulations to the guys for playing a perfect season so far.
NAHS Gifted art students are face painting (Glam-or-Gore) at trick or treat down town this week. They will be doing their really realistically gross and gory wounds or fabulous glittery faces in the Creative Union from 6 until 8 p.m. Cost for painting will be $5, proceeds go towards the Gifted Art trip to the Gulf Coast this spring.
Next Thursday, Nov. 4 is Meet the Bulldogs for basketball at Memorial Gym, make plans to come out and meet our guys and girls as they prepare for great seasons. Also, Career and Technical Department is selling Fresh Indian River Florida Fruit and Gourmet for Christmas Season. Money and orders will be due by Nov. 19 and delivery week starts Dec. 6.
The senior class retreat at Camp Yocona has been postponed due to threat of rain this week. Senior composite pictures have been rescheduled for Nov. 10. On Wednesday, Nov. 17, the PLAN test will be given. At 8 a.m. on Monday, November 8 and Wednesday, Nov. 17 Greg Williams, from Balfour will be here to meet with seniors about ordering graduation materials. He will meet with the whole class on Nov. 8 and then take the orders on Nov. 17.
Remember to check out our school website www.nahighschool.com to see our new videos. This week we have added highlights from the North Pontotoc game; check each week to see more new faces and stories!
About Chris Elkins
- Urchins outrun Bears in jamboree win August 18, 2016
- Klarksyn Denise Coleman birth announcement August 23, 2016
- Wilder to celebrate 90th birthday August 23, 2016
- Purvis couple celebrates 70th wedding anniversary August 23, 2016
- Hurricane news August 23, 2016
- Long ball drops Lady Hawks August 23, 2016
- Latest city school test scores good August 23, 2016
- Multi-faceted author John Hailman to be guest speaker at Faulkner Literary Luncheon August 23, 2016
- Delinquent tax land sale something of misnomer August 23, 2016
- Paul Rainey museum program returns by popular demand August 23, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...