Sherman News, October 27, 2010
Cravin’ Catfish will be sponsoring a “Thanksgiving Day Lunch” from 11 a.m. through 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 25, at the restaurant. They will be serving a “traditional” Thanksgiving lunch for both dine-in and carry out (only for the churches who notify in advance) lunches.
Owners Gerald and Becky Hegan are providing the free meal because “we wish to share a small token of His blessings with the less fortunate and those who are in need.”
For more information, contact the Hegans at Cravin’ Catfish at 620-7762 and leave a message. Please do not call Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays after noon, as these are their business hours.
The youth had a Halloween party with hotdogs and hunting for candy Wednesday night, Oct. 20, at Tri-County Baptist.
Tri-County Baptist will have a 5th Sunday singing October 31. Lunch will be served following the morning worship service, and the Williams family will be singing after a chili lunch. Services will be canceled for that evening.
A Walk a Thon for Jesus is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 6, and those interested can register on Saturdays at Sherman Grove at 9 a.m. For more information, contact Vicki Armstrong at 507-5552 or Audrey McGee at 538-0890.
Sherman Baptist members will be giving out Halloween tracts in front of the church Saturday, Oct. 30.
The Gospel Meeting was held Sunday through Wednesday, Oct. 17 to 20, at Sherman Church of Christ. The preacher was Charles Curtis from Corinth.
Sherman Church of Christ is planning an October 30 fall festival at the church.
First Sunday will be held Nov. 7 at Sherman Church of Christ with a fellowship lunch being held after the morning worship service.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...