Sherman News, October 27, 2010
Cravin’ Catfish will be sponsoring a “Thanksgiving Day Lunch” from 11 a.m. through 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 25, at the restaurant. They will be serving a “traditional” Thanksgiving lunch for both dine-in and carry out (only for the churches who notify in advance) lunches.
Owners Gerald and Becky Hegan are providing the free meal because “we wish to share a small token of His blessings with the less fortunate and those who are in need.”
For more information, contact the Hegans at Cravin’ Catfish at 620-7762 and leave a message. Please do not call Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays after noon, as these are their business hours.
The youth had a Halloween party with hotdogs and hunting for candy Wednesday night, Oct. 20, at Tri-County Baptist.
Tri-County Baptist will have a 5th Sunday singing October 31. Lunch will be served following the morning worship service, and the Williams family will be singing after a chili lunch. Services will be canceled for that evening.
A Walk a Thon for Jesus is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 6, and those interested can register on Saturdays at Sherman Grove at 9 a.m. For more information, contact Vicki Armstrong at 507-5552 or Audrey McGee at 538-0890.
Sherman Baptist members will be giving out Halloween tracts in front of the church Saturday, Oct. 30.
The Gospel Meeting was held Sunday through Wednesday, Oct. 17 to 20, at Sherman Church of Christ. The preacher was Charles Curtis from Corinth.
Sherman Church of Christ is planning an October 30 fall festival at the church.
First Sunday will be held Nov. 7 at Sherman Church of Christ with a fellowship lunch being held after the morning worship service.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...