Eastern Lights, October 29, 2010
Hello to Ola Messer at Golden Living at Tupelo and to Virginia Busby at Health and Rehab in New Albany. Hopefully things are going better with you.
The newspaper brought news this Wednesday that Mrs. Barbara Ford had died. I said another correspondent; that makes three this year. The other two were Johnnie Bell and Haskell Rhea.
We send best wishes to Margaret McGraw. I heard by phone this Wednesday morning that she is having a lot of medical problems. Hope you feel better soon.
We extend our sympathy to the family of Lorette Beard who will be buried Thursday morning. Lorette was the sister of the late Ruth Crumpton of our community.
I spent most of Tuesday at North Mississippi Medical Center. My brother John Chunn had knee replacement surgery on both knees. The surgery went fine but he said this morning that his knees were very sore. He will be up and around in a few day.
Palestine Baptist Church is sponsoring a benefit for Paul Roberts who is recuperating from cancer of the throat Saturday, November 7th.
He has no insurance and is in need of help.
Saturday was a big day for the families of Authur and Cordellia Carter Chunn. We met at East Heights Baptist church for a family reunion. Those attending were: Jimmy and Judy Swann, Paxton and Tanner, Mike and Sue Chunn, Lauren an Emry Ashley, C.C. Chunn, Ray Smith, Kenneth and Janice Roach, Tony and Patsy Mauney, Ennis and Linda Ketchum, Tommy and Sara Ruth Morton, Loretta Easley, David Easley, Sarah and Jamie. My brother John and his wife Mary missed t he reunion because of his knee surgery.
We extend our sympathy to the families of Miss Paula Windham who was a beloved teacher at the New Albany High School. May God bless all of you.
We also extend our sympathy to the Moore and Witt families due to the death of their loved one, Mrs. Jewell Moore Witt who was buried at Pleasant Ridge cemetery on Sunday.
About Chris Elkins
- City will try for Christmas parade again next Tuesday at 6 December 6, 2016
- Register now for NEMCC spring classes December 6, 2016
- Thanks for keeping ‘Sharing at Christmas’ something to look forward to December 6, 2016
- We still need help to Share at Christmas December 6, 2016
- Officials welcome funding for expanded emergency communications December 6, 2016
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade December 6, 2016
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday December 6, 2016
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park December 6, 2016
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems December 6, 2016
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday December 6, 2016
- Kaylyn Havrilla McClinton: I realize this comment was posted over two weeks a...
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Scenes from Myrtle’s Christmas parade
- City sets new Christmas parade date for next Tuesday
- Main Street Association sponsors Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Cooper Park
- County supervisors hire three employees, discuss potential logging problems
- MEC’s Mississippi Connection tour visiting here Wednesday