Eastern Lights, October 29, 2010
Hello to Ola Messer at Golden Living at Tupelo and to Virginia Busby at Health and Rehab in New Albany. Hopefully things are going better with you.
The newspaper brought news this Wednesday that Mrs. Barbara Ford had died. I said another correspondent; that makes three this year. The other two were Johnnie Bell and Haskell Rhea.
We send best wishes to Margaret McGraw. I heard by phone this Wednesday morning that she is having a lot of medical problems. Hope you feel better soon.
We extend our sympathy to the family of Lorette Beard who will be buried Thursday morning. Lorette was the sister of the late Ruth Crumpton of our community.
I spent most of Tuesday at North Mississippi Medical Center. My brother John Chunn had knee replacement surgery on both knees. The surgery went fine but he said this morning that his knees were very sore. He will be up and around in a few day.
Palestine Baptist Church is sponsoring a benefit for Paul Roberts who is recuperating from cancer of the throat Saturday, November 7th.
He has no insurance and is in need of help.
Saturday was a big day for the families of Authur and Cordellia Carter Chunn. We met at East Heights Baptist church for a family reunion. Those attending were: Jimmy and Judy Swann, Paxton and Tanner, Mike and Sue Chunn, Lauren an Emry Ashley, C.C. Chunn, Ray Smith, Kenneth and Janice Roach, Tony and Patsy Mauney, Ennis and Linda Ketchum, Tommy and Sara Ruth Morton, Loretta Easley, David Easley, Sarah and Jamie. My brother John and his wife Mary missed t he reunion because of his knee surgery.
We extend our sympathy to the families of Miss Paula Windham who was a beloved teacher at the New Albany High School. May God bless all of you.
We also extend our sympathy to the Moore and Witt families due to the death of their loved one, Mrs. Jewell Moore Witt who was buried at Pleasant Ridge cemetery on Sunday.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...