Eastern Lights, October 29, 2010
Hello to Ola Messer at Golden Living at Tupelo and to Virginia Busby at Health and Rehab in New Albany. Hopefully things are going better with you.
The newspaper brought news this Wednesday that Mrs. Barbara Ford had died. I said another correspondent; that makes three this year. The other two were Johnnie Bell and Haskell Rhea.
We send best wishes to Margaret McGraw. I heard by phone this Wednesday morning that she is having a lot of medical problems. Hope you feel better soon.
We extend our sympathy to the family of Lorette Beard who will be buried Thursday morning. Lorette was the sister of the late Ruth Crumpton of our community.
I spent most of Tuesday at North Mississippi Medical Center. My brother John Chunn had knee replacement surgery on both knees. The surgery went fine but he said this morning that his knees were very sore. He will be up and around in a few day.
Palestine Baptist Church is sponsoring a benefit for Paul Roberts who is recuperating from cancer of the throat Saturday, November 7th.
He has no insurance and is in need of help.
Saturday was a big day for the families of Authur and Cordellia Carter Chunn. We met at East Heights Baptist church for a family reunion. Those attending were: Jimmy and Judy Swann, Paxton and Tanner, Mike and Sue Chunn, Lauren an Emry Ashley, C.C. Chunn, Ray Smith, Kenneth and Janice Roach, Tony and Patsy Mauney, Ennis and Linda Ketchum, Tommy and Sara Ruth Morton, Loretta Easley, David Easley, Sarah and Jamie. My brother John and his wife Mary missed t he reunion because of his knee surgery.
We extend our sympathy to the families of Miss Paula Windham who was a beloved teacher at the New Albany High School. May God bless all of you.
We also extend our sympathy to the Moore and Witt families due to the death of their loved one, Mrs. Jewell Moore Witt who was buried at Pleasant Ridge cemetery on Sunday.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...