Saturday is the last day for ‘Sharing’ sign ups
Donations are now being accepted for the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program, which will be provide about 250 families with holiday food and toys for their children.
Applications to receive assistance must be turned in to the New Albany Gazette office, 713 Carter Ave., by 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 6. No phone, mail or e-mail applications will be accepted.
Forms are available at the Gazette, New Albany City Hall, the Union County Chancery Clerk’s office and at any city or county public school.
Each selected family will receive a large box of food. Families with children in the home also will receive age-appropriate toys. The boxes will be delivered to families a few days before Christmas.
A fundraising goal of $20,000 has been set for this year’s campaign.
The Gazette’s Sharing at Christmas program accepts non-tax deductible donations of money and new toys from individuals, businesses and civic groups.
A donation coupon will appear in each issue of the Gazette. Names of those who donate, along with the donation amount, will appear in a list in each issue of the Gazette until after Christmas.
Readers also may make a donation in honor of another person, in memory of someone, or may have their donation listed as anonymous. Just check the desired box on the newspaper coupon.
The donation, along with the donation coupon, may be mailed to Sharing at Christmas, P.O. Box 300, New Albany, MS 38652 or dropped off at the Gazette office.
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...