Center Hill News, November 5, 2010
Happy Autumn Morning from our side of the county. I’ll be spending the day today with my good friend from North Carolina who is here visiting with us in Mississippi. Yesterday was voting day, tomorrow is yearly doctor’s checkup day and then it’s Friday again!!! Thanksgiving is right around the corner….and ~Here Comes Santa~! It happens so fast……..and, by the way, where did 2010 go? Geez…..
We had some of the cutest “Trick or Treaters” Saturday night. I think our little Molly enjoyed them as much as we did.
We had a wonderful 5th Sunday at Center Hill on Sunday. Good food, good fellowship and beautiful singing by the Monk Family. Lisa, Natalie and Bethany. I could hardly believe it when I saw Bethany (who is the baby and 20 now).
They are a beautiful talented family who have been a blessing to so many. I only wish our church folks could have heard Bro. Tony preach. He can preach almost as good as Ms. Lisa and the girls can sing! Thank you all for coming to be with us. We appreciate your faithfulness.
We rejoice in knowing that our friend, Bobby Shettles, is in heaven with no more pain and no more suffering. We are sorry for Kim and Billy, Sandra and Dottie in the loss of their beloved daddy and brother. I know you will miss him but know how happy he is to have a new body, free of cancer, and be reunited with Jimmie Nell and his Momma and Daddy. May God place his arms of love and peace around each of you at this time.
Mr. Virgil made it through his surgery the best. He had a dual chamber pacemaker installed. Keith took him and stayed with him and brought him home the following day.
Inita stayed with Ms. Frances, who has had a bad ole cold and fever this past week, but is maybe doing a little bit better now. Ann Bailey visited with them this week.
We hope Vicky Brazil is feeling better. She had to make a trip to the doctor after hurting her back this past week.
Don’t forget our Harvest Festival this coming Saturday, November 6th. You don’t want to miss our “Womanless Beauty pageant” , good food, fellowship or the hayride…Please plan to come and enjoy a fun evening. We will begin at 5pm.
Also……don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour before you go to bed Saturday night…….it’s time to “fall” backward.
Happy Birthday wishes go to Rony Herring November 1st, Ann Bailey and Kristen Nobles on the 3rd, and Jolene Tutor on the 5th. Happy Anniversary to LaWayne and Tommie Nell Cooper on Nov. 3. A special “Happy Birthday” to our son, Marty Grant, on Nov. 8.
About Chris Elkins
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 27, 2016
- Macedonia news July 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news July 27, 2016
- Required vaccinations safe and reliable July 27, 2016
- Local swimmers compete in long course state meet July 27, 2016
- Tax-free weekend coming up July 27, 2016
- Health officer reminds parents about required school vaccinations. July 27, 2016
- Supervisors ask for bridge redesign to lower construction costs July 27, 2016
- Get a year’s worth of news for only $29 July 27, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...