Eastern Lights, November 5, 2010
Last week was a wonderful week weather wise. This has been a beautiful fall so far. So far the weather predictions are for much colder weather this week. Guess that will help these old bones ache more. I have certainly enjoyed all the beautiful colors.
Anne Glidewell, Robert and Robbie Frazier were welcome visitors here during the week.
I visited with Hershel and Ruby Burks recently. They were improving some. Just one day at a time.
There will be a benefit for Paul Roberts from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 6 at Palestine Baptist Church Fellowship Building. Barbeque plates are $7 each. Call 534-5482 or 316-9693 for tickets or just come by the church at 1063 CR 157.
The Young At Heart met at the Pleasant Ridge Family Life Center Wednesday, Oc. 27 with about 12 in attendance.
George and Virginia Dixon were special guests. George entertained with the guitar and several country and gospel songs.
Pleasant Hill Senior Adults met Thursday at the Family Life Building. John Delusic had a fine program about weather conditions and the WTVA Station at Tupelo.
Happy birthday to Sandra Jones on Nov. 3, to Anthony Sanford on Nov. 3, to James Hodges on Nov. 8, to Sandy Henson on Nov. 8, to Amanda Jarvis on Nov. 8, to Johnny Owen on Nov. 8, to Eddie Pannell on Nov. 10, to Mary Ann White on Nov. 10, to Alan White on Nov. 10, and to Kattie Hill Hawks on Nov. 11.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...