Eastern Lights, November 5, 2010
Last week was a wonderful week weather wise. This has been a beautiful fall so far. So far the weather predictions are for much colder weather this week. Guess that will help these old bones ache more. I have certainly enjoyed all the beautiful colors.
Anne Glidewell, Robert and Robbie Frazier were welcome visitors here during the week.
I visited with Hershel and Ruby Burks recently. They were improving some. Just one day at a time.
There will be a benefit for Paul Roberts from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 6 at Palestine Baptist Church Fellowship Building. Barbeque plates are $7 each. Call 534-5482 or 316-9693 for tickets or just come by the church at 1063 CR 157.
The Young At Heart met at the Pleasant Ridge Family Life Center Wednesday, Oc. 27 with about 12 in attendance.
George and Virginia Dixon were special guests. George entertained with the guitar and several country and gospel songs.
Pleasant Hill Senior Adults met Thursday at the Family Life Building. John Delusic had a fine program about weather conditions and the WTVA Station at Tupelo.
Happy birthday to Sandra Jones on Nov. 3, to Anthony Sanford on Nov. 3, to James Hodges on Nov. 8, to Sandy Henson on Nov. 8, to Amanda Jarvis on Nov. 8, to Johnny Owen on Nov. 8, to Eddie Pannell on Nov. 10, to Mary Ann White on Nov. 10, to Alan White on Nov. 10, and to Kattie Hill Hawks on Nov. 11.
About Chris Elkins
- First-graders tour career and technical center October 25, 2016
- Grand jury hears near-record number of cases October 25, 2016
- ‘Sharing at Christmas’ sign-up under way but contributions not yet coming in October 25, 2016
- Yes, Haunted Forest has evil clowns October 25, 2016
- Former city court clerk arrested October 25, 2016
- Urchins travel to Walnut for season finale October 27, 2016
- Ingomar swimmers to compete at state championships October 27, 2016
- East Union vs Potts Camp Football Photos October 26, 2016
- Division Dominance October 26, 2016
- County officials extend burn ban October 25, 2016
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...