Macedonia News, November 5, 2010
Francis Wingo passed away last week and was buried at Macedonia.
The Stevens family has had another tragic death. This makes three within the last year. Jerry Stevens’ brother-in-law, Rick Frazier, died Saturday, October 30th. Rick was the husband of Jerry’s sister, Barbara, Barbara and Rick lived in Tupelo.
Melissa Childress was laid to rest in Clarksdale on Wednesday, Oct. 27. It was reported that there were about 200 who attended the funeral from the West Union area. Our faculty and staff did an excellent job dealing with grieving students last week. Melissa’s oldest son, Ross, will be staying with friends so he can complete his schooling at Northeast. Her younger son, Adam, has moved to Ripley, Tenn. to live with his father. Remember these two boys whose lives have been touched so drastically.
James Ryder and Ronnie Metts are improving from their recent surgeries. Stephen Harrell was able to attend services Sunday at Macedonia Baptist, and we were so glad to see him up and about.
He gave a touching testimony of his recent heart attack and how God had so richly provided for him during this time.
Raymond Owen has begun his second round of chemo treatments, called the 3-7. He had three days of one type of treatment and seven days of a different type. The family is requesting no visitors at this time because his immunity is at an all-time low. He will probably be at Baptist East in Memphis for about three more weeks. Send him a card or give him a call to encourage him. If you need any numbers give me a call.
Mr. Norris Robertson fell and broke his arm and a rib about two weeks ago. He was moved to Church Street Personal Care Home in Ecru to receive physical therapy for his arm. On Saturday night he fell again, but the family is grateful that he didn’t break any additional bones.
The elbow of the broken arm was injured as well as his cheek. He spent time at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany while recuperating from the second fall. Remember Mr. Norris n your prayers as he is going through a very difficult time.
On Thursday the Macedonia Senior Citizens traveled to Pickwick Landing for a day of fun and fellowship. Eleven seniors went as well as one three year old, Wyatt Swearingen. I bet Wyatt kept them all entertained. They ate at Pickwick Inn and then cruised the river on the Pickwick Belle, an authentic paddlewheel riverboat. The scenery on the bluffs was beautiful, and they enjoyed their fall foliage cruise.
Gage Robbins won the trick or treat costume contest held at Trick or Treat Downtown in New Albany on Thursday, Oct. 28. He was dressed as a gladiator. Gage is such a cutie!!!
The ladies at Macedonia are planning a Christmas Celebration at 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 15. It has been two years since we have had one, and everyone is really getting excited about this event. We always have a big crowd at this festive occasion. If you are interested in attending contact Regina Russell, Kathryn Henderson, or Patsy Grisham.
Bricks are going up on the sanctuary at Macedonia Baptist! It is really looking like a church building now. On Sunday we had a meeting about a bond program to help fund the cost of our building.
Thought for the week: The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1 NIV
About Chris Elkins
- Alligator hunting permits go on sale July 19 July 20, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 21, 2016
- Hurricane news July 21, 2016
- Returning champs win in domino contest at fair July 21, 2016
- Prayer session was step in right direction July 21, 2016
- Beating the heat July 21, 2016
- Reactions mixed over school ratings July 21, 2016
- New Albany Main Street Association receives 2016 national Main Street accreditation July 21, 2016
- Passion for caring motivates new doctor Matthew Rhinewalt July 21, 2016
- Has city got a deal for you! July 21, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...