Center Hill News, November 10, 2010
Happy Fall Days to all of you. We have had an extremely busy week in our community this past week. Voting time was this past Tuesday. We had a record breaking turnout at our precinct.
We celebrated our Fall Festival this past Saturday night with a building full of folks. I’m not sure anyone took a head count but I would guess we had at least 85 and maybe more in attendance.
The hay ride came first and please know that we had a large wagon full. In fact, so full, everyone had to get off the wagon and walk up one of the steeper hills because the vehicle wouldn’t pull the wagon load of folk. I told you we had a wagon full!
Everyone ate when they got ready and the second big event took place…The Womanless Beauty Revue. We had some “lovely” contestants. We had an “unexpected visitor”. I believe she said her name was Marsharelle. Marsharelle says she is Lashurelle’s sister. Believe me when I tell you, Marsharelle stole the show.
After a long deliberation, the three judges finally made their decisions. Our third runner up was Jimma D. Lessel. The second runner up was Kissy Herring. The first runner up was Timberly Sanchez and the Winner was Benita Murphree. This was one event you had to be there to understand all the fun we had. The other contestants were as follows: Janice Cullpepper, Jamica Me Krazy and Melissa Lessel.
Thank you to all who participated, cooked, brought food, desserts and candy, helped decorate, furnished hay, wagons and trucks, and for those of you who just came to fellowship with us. We loved having all of you.
We had two good Church Services on Sunday. Bro. Brandon delivered two good messages. We love our pastor and appreciate his efforts.
School will dismiss for the Thanksgiving Holidays on Friday, November 19th. Classes will resume on Monday, Nov. 29.
Happy Birthday to Mary Lynn Oglesby this past Sunday, November 7th and Happy Birthday to Vicki Brazil on Saturday, Nov. 13.
About Chris Elkins
- County budget adopted with no change September 22, 2016
- Urchins come from behind to take down Bears September 22, 2016
- Union County runners enjoy top five finishes at Saltillo XC meet September 22, 2016
- First inning flurry leads to West Union win September 22, 2016
- Urchins host New Site on homecoming September 22, 2016
- Urchins run over Royals September 24, 2016
- Lady Urchins bomb Baldwyn in division play September 22, 2016
- School board races shaping up September 22, 2016
- Bank donates clock to Cooper Park September 22, 2016
- County still among lowest in unemployment September 22, 2016
- Seth Vincent Flake: New Albany and the people behind the scenes are do...
- Jeremy Cable: They also need to allow for a more eclectic musica...
- Darren Byles: Better yet, why aren't they punished for not foll...
- Darren Byles: "According to Strawn, Union County schools receiv...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Also worth a look: http://www.knightsgambitvineyar...