Historic Northside District Garden Club, November 10, 2010
The Historic Northside District Garden Club met on Oct. 28, 2010, at the home of Lynn Madden. Fourteen members and two guests enjoyed soup, cornbread, and “dirt cake” with gummy worms provided by co hostesses Lynn Madden, Cadis Johnson and Lanta Craig. Members present were Anita Buster, Ninabeth Capaning, Lanta Craig, Jane Gadd, Betty Inis, Cadis Johnson, Lynn Madden, Marci Lindsey, Jan McMillin, Sandy Shaddinger, Jill Smith, Jane Weigartner, Veronica Wiseman, and Leta Perkins.
Guests, Janet and Tim Burress, presented the program for the evening. Members participated in a version of “Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader?” There were many laughs and most of us agreed we were NOT smarter than a fifth grader. Next each member built their own mini compost shoe box complete with worms. We were instructed on what to “feed” and “not feed” our boxes and how to apply these instructions if making a large compost pile in our yards.
After the program Veronica Wiseman, President, called the meeting to order. A report was given on the district meeting in West Point. Five members attended and our club was awarded Honor Roll status. Jill Smith gave a report on the status of the Historic District signs we will be purchasing. We hope to put them in three locations indicating entrance into the Historic District.
The Woodsy Owl/Smokey Bear poster entries from West Union School have been judged and sent in. Our November meeting will be an auction. Members are asked to bring recycled items or homemade food items for auction. Our December meeting will be our eleventh annual Christmas Coffee at New Haven School on December 18th. Co chairmen are Jill Smith and Anita Buster. Lynn Madden will let the club know when help is needed with decorations at the museum.
The meeting was adjourned to meet on November 18th at the Creative Union.
About Chris Elkins
- Watkins is DAISY nursing award winner November 29, 2016
- Myrtle Christmas parade will be Friday night November 29, 2016
- Community holiday meal expected to feed 1,200 Dec. 17 November 29, 2016
- Eastern Lights December 1, 2016
- New Albany Garden Club December 1, 2016
- Chamberlin loses county but wins election December 1, 2016
- Finally, no flooding December 1, 2016
- Myrtle Tree of Hope to add local children December 1, 2016
- Library program offers book gift idea for the holidays December 1, 2016
- NA Christmas parade may still be in the works December 1, 2016
- Myke Britt: Someone asked "what has happened to our country"...
- Nonie: Margaret Gwendolyn Roberts McCraw - My Aunt Margar...
- Caleb Frederick: This is a great idea!...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you are interested in joining t...
- Jim Hall: i'v read both of mr. coffeys' books, love them b...