NAHS News, November 10, 2010
Congratulations to our NAHS Bulldogs for their 45- 9 blowout over the Rosa Fort Lions last Friday and with their win, they now have the most wins in school history. The Bulldogs (12-0), have advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs and will play away this Friday against the Kosciusko Whippets(8-5).
This past weekend our NAHS cross country team went to Jackson to compete for the state meet. Daniel Drummond made the All-State Team, the boys came in 3rd overall, and the girls came in 4th. Runners included: Graham Collins, Ray Cooper, Jimbo Waldrop, Daniel Drummond, Harrison Harding , William Harding , Dalton Hall, Adrian Crockett, Haven Boyd, Kimberly Hardy, Sarah Cathryn Cagle, Mattie Carter, Andrea Hall,Lauren Boyd.
Basketball season tipped-off this Monday against the Ingomar Falcons and will play against the Myrtle Hawks this Thursday. Soccer season also started Tuesday at home against Saltillo. The first home basketball game will be Nov. 16 against Kossuth. Between the boys and girls games, we will be honoring our veterans with a program. Anyone with a military ID gets in free, we invite everyone to come out and join us for this special occasion.
On Thursday, Oct. 28, Mrs. Rhonda Nichols visited the NAHS Life Skills class and showed the students how to make decorated cupcakes for Halloween. On Wednesday, November 3 the Life Skills class enjoyed lunch at George’s after their weekly trip to Wal-Mart. Mrs. Amee Cox’s Life Skills class cooks every Thursdays as part of their transition to independent living program. This week the class made 7 Layer Mexican Dip served with chips.
The Junior Civitan club met on Thursday, Nov. 4 in the high school media center to hold officer elections. Officers for the 2010-2011 school year are President: Madi Van Zile, Vice President: Micha Washington, Secretary: Lori Beth Watts, and Treasurer: Quin’shay Perkins. Junior Civitans is still looking for new members. Anyone who would like to join is invited to their next meeting on November 18 at 7:20 a.m. in the library. Progress reports will go out Thursday, Nov. 11, this marks the halfway point of our second nine weeks. Thanks to the New Albany Elementary School for putting on a pep rally for the football team and coaches.
Yearbooks will be on sale for $50 until November 30, 2010 and will go up to $55.00 after this date. Please get one early to receive this discount.
To order please contact Tamara Waldrop or any member of the Vista staff at New Albany High School at 534-1805. So surprise your student this holiday with a yearbook gift certificate. They will make great stocking stuffers. These memories will last a lifetime, get yours today.
On Nov. 5, 2010, we were notified that for the second year in a row, the Career and Technical students of New Albany High, have been accepted as a 2010-11 High Schools United with NASA to Create Hardware (HUNCH) Team! These students will be given an engineering challenge by NASA, and work to solve that challenge. They will have to work as a team to problem solve and generate 2-D and 3-D computerized drawings to represent their work. Other team members will have the responsibility of preparing progress reports for NASA and making an animated presentation to be displayed at the HUNCH recognition ceremony at the end of the project. We will also be soliciting businesses and companies who might be willing to assist the team with their expertise, equipment and/or fund raising to help with any expenses or materials.
Remember to check out our school website www.nahighschool.com to see our new videos. This week we have added highlights from the Tish County game as well as our first new episode of “In the Dawg House” featuring the journalism students and stories in and around NAHS. Check each week to see more new faces and stories!
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series