Sherman News, November 10, 2010
Sherman is proud to have four election holders who are very good at their jobs. Last Tuesday, Nov. 2, Catherine Parks, Joyce Parks, Wayne Turner, and Jane Westmoreland worked the election all day in an efficient, dedicated, and accommodating way. Thank you for your hard work.
The Sherman Volunteer Fire Department handed out 150 bags of information, pencils, and candy Saturday night, Oct. 30, to trick or treaters. All of the children enjoyed Sparky the Fire Dog and getting their photo made with him and the fire truck.
Fire Chief Brad McMurry stated that the burn ban for Pontotoc County has been lifted.
Mark your calendars: Sherman’s Christmas parade will be Saturday, Dec. 4.
The Annual Birthday Tea Singing will be held Nov. 13 at Sherman Grove Baptist Church at 6 p.m. All choirs, groups, and soloists are invited to participate.
Brotherhood was held Sunday, November 7, at Tri-County Baptist.
Bro. Rob Chitham from Algoma was the guest speaker Sunday, Nov. 7, for both services at Tri-County Baptist.
Ladies Fellowship was Tuesday, Nov. 9, at Tri-County Baptist.
First Sunday was held Nov. 7 at Sherman Church of Christ with a fellowship lunch being held after the morning worship service.
Sympathy is extended to the family of Mattie Alice Eliza Harris, 52, who died Friday, Oct. 29, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany.
About Chris Elkins
- New Legion Auxiliary officers July 27, 2016
- Eastern Lights July 28, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes July 28, 2016
- Cora Sanders turns 98 July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County selects Service First Champion July 28, 2016
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner July 29, 2016
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings. July 28, 2016
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again July 28, 2016
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey July 28, 2016
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series July 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Baptist Union County’s HealthPlex transitions to new owner
- Youth production to ‘dazzle’ audience this weekend with selections from Disney markings.
- Martintown bridge complete, road open again
- There is much we didn’t know about millionaire Paul Rainey
- Young Valley to bring ‘alt-country’ sound to weekend concert series